Ps Joshua
Missional
-Is the church community intentionally living out God's mission to this world
1) God is a missionary
-the father send the son
-the son send the spirit
Intentional (Father plans)
Incarnation all (Jesus becomes)
Indwelling (Holy Spirit dwells)
-god put on flash on unto Jesus
I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father. (John 16:28 KJV)
In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death— even death on a cross! (Philippians 2:5-8 NIV)
Incarnate: God put on flesh to be in mankind (Jesus)
2) God on his mission
One day at about three in the afternoon he had a vision. He distinctly saw an angel of God, who came to him and said, “Cornelius!” Cornelius stared at him in fear. “What is it, Lord?” he asked. The angel answered, “Your prayers and gifts to the poor have come up as a memorial offering before God. Now send men to Joppa to bring back a man named Simon who is called Peter. He is staying with Simon the tanner, whose house is by the sea.” (Acts 10:3-6 NIV)
Mission is defined, directed, energizes and accomplish my God
3) God's Vital Missional Instrument, the Church
The church is to be God's Missional instrument
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. (John 15:19 NIV)
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. (Matthew 5:13 NIV)
A church that doesn't work as God's mission can not truly be called as a church
For it is church's divine mission that make it a church
God----> church mission ----> local church mission -----> my mission
4) What the Missional church's mission should look like?
I) incarnational mission beyond attractional mission
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. (John 17:14-18 NIV)
-is good to built an attractive church
-however, move beyond it to be Missional
God's mission went beyond attractional to incarnational
-God willing to un-dignify himself to become man in flesh to do his mission
II) Empowering mission rather than extractional mission
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. (John 15:19 NIV)
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” (Luke 10:17 NIV)
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. (John 17:14-16, 18 NIV)
-not about extracting believer, but extracting non-believer from the world
-believer have been extracted out from this world and;
- re-intervene believer back into this world to make impact and extracting more non-believer to be saved
-as believer, to influence and to impact
While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” (Matthew 9:10, 11 NIV)
To be a believer , yet distinct from others..
To be empowered in god divine plan and spirit
III) disciple-making mission beyond conversion mission
-Salvation
-incarnational's intention. Is salvation while in-dwelling is transformational
-The transformational is more crucial Than just conversion if the Church is to be truly Missional
-god doesn't encourage single connection of you and him alone
-but extracting more people around.
-building a stronger foundation
-life In Christianity should be OUTward NOT INward
-discipleship
-transformation come not just when you heard the message but to even make transformation in others (believer N non-believer)
Factor To consider in Disciple making
I) personal hurdle
2) transformation
Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings? (1 Corinthians 3:1-4 NIV)
Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults. (1 Corinthians 14:20 NIV)
We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand. In fact, though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you the elementary truths of God’s word all over again. You need milk, not solid food! Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil. (Hebrews 5:11-14 NIV)
IV) Kingdom mission beyond just church mission
I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” (Genesis 12:3 NIV)
-church mission and kingdom mission is complimentary to each other
-reaching out beyond church wall and beneath church as well
2extremities formed
I) building church but not reaching out
II) reaching to kingdom mission but not building church
Is this the kind of fast I have chosen, only a day for people to humble themselves? Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed and for lying in sackcloth and ashes? Is that what you call a fast, a day acceptable to the Lord ? “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter— when you see the naked, to clothe them, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood? Then your light will break forth like the dawn, and your healing will quickly appear; then your righteousness will go before you, and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard. (Isaiah 58:5-8 NIV)
V) church planting mission beyond church growth mission
-encourage to build large church
-expanding resources N facilities
- church planting
-expand capacity to assist
How ?
-join the mission team and trip
-changing mindset
-intentional step by faith
-church sending people out
Whilst some stay to build stronger church
-different individual have different callings
-answer God's calling with God in control
-plans and Gods will to be prevail!
Conclusion
God is Missional. He intends to redeem the lost in this world. The church must also be Missional, living out God's mission
Ponder Question
How will the understanding of being Missional change the way I live my life?
-personal conviction


No comments:
Post a Comment