23/9/2012
Psalm 63:1-6 (NIV)
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. [2] I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. [3] Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. [4] I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. [5] My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. [6] On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.
Pursuit of someone or something
Eg: the movie twister about storm-chasers
££ 4 key motivations ££
1) Spurred by deep longing (v1)
Have we ever come to a point of longing for God like being thirsty for water in the desert?
It needs to come from our conviction
It comes from deep in our hearts because our convictions is that there is great benefit in seeking after and finding God
- A. W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God
Only God can bring fulfillment to our lives--because he made us to live in harmony with him.
The place to invest our heart, soul, mind in totality in only in God
It's all about power
Exodus 33:18-20 (NIV)
Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." [19] And the Lord said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the Lord, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. [20] But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."
The book: "The God Chasers"
Encountering God can be powerful, edgy, dangerous!
1 Kings 8:10-11 (NIV)
When the priests withdrew from the Holy Place, the cloud filled the temple of the Lord. [11] And the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled his temple.
Paul CAIN--a prophet
3) Captured By God's Love (v3)
Have you grasped that concept of being won over by the love of someone? So much so, that you are even willing to give up life for that love?
Psalm 73:25 (NIV)
Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
Capturedbygod@wordpress.com
4) Satisfied by presences (v4-6)
-a worship experience that satisfies his soul ad if it had been fed with the richest of foods
You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand. (Psalm 16:11 NIV)
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31 NIV)
"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it. (Matthew 13:45, 46 NIV)

No comments:
Post a Comment