Thursday, November 8, 2012

Worship to MaX

In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. And they were calling to one another:
"Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory." At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty." Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for." Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:1-8 NIV)

What is glory of God?
Glory : kabod (Hebrew)
- heavy in weight
-radiance , magnificent

~God's Omni Presence
Who can hide in secret places
so that I cannot see them?"
declares the Lord.
"Do not I fill heaven and earth?"
declares the Lord. (Jeremiah 23:24 NIV)

~God's In-dwelling presence

Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; (1 Corinthians 6:19 NIV)

~God's Manifested Presence

The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang:
"He is good;
his love endures forever."
Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God. (2 Chronicles 5:13, 14 NIV)

Shekinah Glory
"The one who dwells"

1) encounter brings deeper revelation (v5)
-unconditional love and peace from God
-been forgiven all the time
-any circumstances and struggles been encounter is meant for you, been given unconditionally
- given for the good
- higher calling in life
- all in God's plan to build character for future calling

2) encounter is experiential (v4)
- God is real
- can cause transformation of lifetime
- peace, acceptance , healing , vision from God
- there is a deeper worm that the Holy Spirit is doing in the life of a person beyond the manifestation
-experiencing God's presence is a personalized experience.

3) encounter ignites a greater passion for God & his Kingdom (v8)

As you go, proclaim this message: 'The kingdom of heaven has come near.' Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give. (Matthew 10:7, 8 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment